Thursday, February 17, 2011

PBJ and banana bread pudding


Once more I wanted to use a product Scott brought me back from Newfoundland in another recipe then what it was intended to and I also promised the hubby some bread pudding. I have never liked bread pudding... till now!

PBJ and banana Bread Pudding







4-5 Cups of bread (I used Purity hard bread, hard to find outside Newfoundland but any bread will do) cut in pieces of about 1 inches each
4 cups of milk
1/4 cup of butter
1/2 cup of sugar
4 eggs
1 teaspoon of Vanilla
1/2 cup of strawberries
1 banana
1/2 of peanut butter chips

Preheat the oven to 350
Butter a 8x10 dish and put the bread in it. Add the strawberries and bananas
Beat the eggs and add the sugar while beating.
In a medium pot, heat milk, butter and vanilla, don't boil.
Pour milk mixture on the bread and fruits and add peanut butter chips.
Bake until the center is bake, about 45-60 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment