Friday, February 11, 2011

Neapolitan Cupcakes

When I was a child, Mum would buy Neapolitan ice cream and being the chocolate lover that I am, even back then, I would eat the chocolate part and leave the vanilla and strawberry in the box. Yes I did get yelled at a lot for that but I never stopped.

Well on these cupcakes, I didn't leave anything behind! (Even the leftover pudding didn't last long!)


Neapolitan Cupcakes







Vanilla Cupcakes:

3 eggs
1 cup of softened butter
1 cup of sugar
1/2 cup of milk
1 1/2 cup of flour
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Preheat the oven at 325.

In a bowl, beat the eggs, add the butter and sugar then mix until a light and smooth texture. Add the milk, flour, baking powder and the vanilla. Mix for about 2 minutes until it's creamy.

Bake for about 18 to 20 minutes.

Let it cool down completely.

In the meantime, prepare filling and icing.


Filling:

For the filling I used Jell-o chocolate pudding. After following the instruction on the box, I poured it in a pastry bag and put it in the fridge to cool.

Strawberry Icing:

1 Cup of softened butter
1 Cup of powder sugar
1 Shirriff Strawberry Mousse

Cream everything together.


Cut a a hole in the middle of the cupcake and fill it with Pudding and then cover with icing and decorate as you wish.








As my hubby said, mine looks like boobies...




I also melted a bit of chocolate in a small plastic bag, cut a tiny hole and drew hearts on a wax paper. Once the chocolate was hard I was able to remove it from the paper and put it on the cupcakes.

Bon appetit!



No comments:

Post a Comment