Friday, February 11, 2011

Pan fried bread

My husband is not crazy about bread but when it comes to my pan fried bread, seems I can never make enough.


Pan Fried Bread


2 cups of flour
1 cup of warm water
1 sachet of yeast
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon of sugar
2 teaspoon of green onion flakes
1/4 cup of Parmesan

1 clove of garlic, chopped

Olive oil

In a bowl mix the water, yeast and sugar. Let it sit for about 5 minutes. In a separate bowl mix flour and salt. Add the water/yeast/sugar mix and green onion flakes and Parmesan. Mix together until you have a smooth dough.

Add flour to the bowl so the dough won't stick once it rise. Cover with a clean cloth and let it sit, for about 30 minutes in a warm and dark place. (I put my bowl in the micro-wave)

Put flour on your work area and roll the dough until you obtain a good 1/2 inch thick circle.





Cut in 2-3 inches slices. Put oil and garlic in a pan and heat it. Put slices in the pan, cook on medium-high for about 2 minutes each side.



I added more Parmesan while cooking it, cause I am cheese-crazy like that!

It can be served with pretty much anything but I find it goes best with stew and soups.



You can use the spices and herbs you want instead of onion flakes. I made a rosemary version for a stew and again, hubby stuffed his face!

I should try a sweet version of these eventually!

Bon Appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment