Monday, January 17, 2011

Taco Soup

Inspired by Our Best Bites



1 lb. extra lean ground beef
1 onion, chopped (I used red onion)
4-5 cloves garlic, minced
1 packet taco seasoning
2 c. chicken broth
1 big. can diced tomatoes
1 small can tomato sauce
1 can of kidney beans (drained and rinsed)
A handful of fresh cilantro
4 big spoon of medium salsa
Sea salt




Simply cook the beef and onions in a skillet. Add half the package of Taco seasoning and stir until it's blended. Add the can of tomato paste and stir. Put everything in the slow cooker and let it cook for 6-8 hours. It cooked 8 hours in my house and it smelled great the entire day, quite a torture.

As topping I used Pico de Gallo (our best bite recipe), sour cream, shredded mozzarela and cheddar and tortilla chips.




I had one bowl and was full! I just saw hubby go for a second serving and my friend Scott left with a portion of it.

Bon appetit!







No comments:

Post a Comment