Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Snow day goodies - soup

On a day like this:

You want to warm up with things like this:




and like this:





A week ago today, we had our first snow fall in Montreal. Hubby spent the morning shoveling so I knew a warm soup would make him happy. I planned to make a big pot so that I could freeze left over but I forgot to include one thing in my plan. The husband factor. So no left overs...

1 chopped onion
3 tablespoon soup of butter
2 tablespoon of flour
5 cups of vegetable or chicken broth
1 Cauliflower, cut
1/2 cup of 35% cream
salt and pepper

In a big pot, put butter and tenderize the onion bring close to caramelized. Add flour and mix well. Incorporate the broth and Cauliflower and bring it to a boil. Let it simmer for about 20-25 minutes, until the cauliflower is cooked. Either with a blender or a hand blender bring the mix down to a purée. Add the cream, salt and pepper.

I made my own garlic croutons and served the soup with sauté portobello mushroom.



Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment