Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Chocolate Chip Bread Pudding



This will become a favourite at home, my husband is still asking for more!

2 Cups of Milk
4 eggs, separated
1 cup of brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon of Vanilla extract
5 1/2 cups of white bread, cut in small cubes (I used Italian bread)
1/2 cup of chocolate chips (I used dark, as always)

Preheat the oven at 350 F or 180 C
Butter a soufflé mold and sprinkle with sugar

In a bowl, mix the milk, egg yolks, brown sugar and vanilla. Add the bread and the chocolate chips and set aside.

In another bowl, beat the egg whites until you get firms peaks. Incorporate that in the bread mixture by folding gently.

Bake in the center of the oven for about an hour.

I served mine warm, with a berry coulis. Enjoy!


1 comment:

  1. This is the next Dessert I will try for sure!
    Looks great in the picture, I'm sure it tastes as good as it looks!

    ReplyDelete