Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Strawberry cream and tea chocolate ganache

I like simple desserts and I have to confess my love for chocolate and strawberries... If you demand that I chose between chocolate and strawberries I may have to do bad things to you if you don't let me pick both. Mum gave me a recipe for a simple dessert a long time ago and I was wondering how to improve it.... This is what I came up with:

Strawberry cream and tea chocolate ganache





(seen with Vanilla/banana and coconut frosting cupcake)


Strawberry cream:

1 box of strawberry Jell-o
1 Cup of boiling water
1 Cup of plain yogurt



Empty the Jell-o box in a bowl, pour the boiling water on it and mix until the powder completely dissolved. Add 1 cup of plain Yogurt and whisk until blend. Pour in small cups and refrigerate.

Seriously, how easier can it get?


Tea and Chocolate Ganache

1 Cup of 35% 2cream
1/4 cup of tea leaves (I used bakeapple tea but unless you are in Newfoundland or had some brought back to you use another one. Orange Pekoe works well with this.)
400g (14 oz) of dark chocolate, in smalls pieces

Put the chocolate in a bowl. In a small pot bring the cream and the tea to a shimmer on low to medium heat. Put a stainer over the bowl of chocolate and pour the cream in, keeping the tea out of the chocolate. Let it sit for about 5 minute. Mix well until the chocolate is completely melted and well blended with the cream. Refrigerate until cooled down and pour on top of the Strawberry cream. I poured mine in a pastry bag before putting it on top of the Strawberry cream so I could have a cleaner look.

I then added whipped cream and a strawberry for decoration.


Bon Appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment